Thursday, September 18, 2008

talking to brick walls...

sooooo, here I am, alone for the first time of the trip...yup, 11days by-my-self! Scary huh? Well, not to you Corina, you don't count. So any of you who have even known me for a day probably don't think I'll have any problem, seeing as how I'm quite capable of entertaining my self with Mr. Brick over there! haha...well, yes, I am! But it is still weird and I just wanted to share it with you guys. Scene: getting a mani/pedi...asking some random, fellow mani/pedi "getter" where they are staying...."oh", I say, "you are staying near the beach, well how are the beach bars, and, well, I don't know you, but can I meet you and your friends later for drinks maybe??" Ha! Awkwardly, they say sure but add that "they are not quite sure where they will be, so I'm sure I'll run into them somewhere". OKAY, duly noted...mission aborted, tonight I drink alone:) I laugh at myself though, because while I am usually quite damn good at making friends, I managed to fail miserably this time. However, don't fret my pets, Frankie will strike again:)
Well, attempt to anyways!!!

2 comments:

vaNESSa said...

Hey guys....WE MISS YOU SOOO MUCH! Frankie why are you alone? Where is Austin? I love the blog. Thanks for keeping us all posted! I'm a little jealous to be honest of all your amazing travels! Wish you guys were going to be somewhere near Brazil in December, we are heading out on our Honeymoon cruise. Missing you guys and thinking of you often. Enjoy the journey. much love.

frankie and austin said...

Thanks V!! No need to be jealous...you and Ness can do this one day:) You'll have sooo much fun on your Honeymoon cruise! Austin is in the jungle doing what he does best...chasing wild beasts:) haha...I just decided to let him go on his own for this one!